Paycheck to Paycheck Database
NHC’s annual release of Paycheck to Paycheck provides insights into the ability of working households to afford typical housing in metropolitan areas across the country.
Our American Home Blog
Our American Home Blog provides insight and connection across a continuum of housing; delivering commentary, advocacy, research and experts needed to move housing forward. Whatever your interest in housing, our blog will offer an up-close look into key tools and information to fuel your work and drive collaboration for positive policy change at every level.
What We Are Reading
Opinion: How unfair mortgage and housing practices affect you and your neighborhood — and what can be done about itJanuary 21, 2020 | MarketWatch
- January 9, 2020 | Shelterforce
School Quality Influences Where Parents Choose to Live—and How Much They’re Willing to Pay for Their HomesJanuary 8, 2020 | Urban Institute
Policy & Press
- David M. Dworkin’s written testimony on Community Reinvestment Act modernization
- NHC submits comments on HUD Disparate Impact Rule
- NHC joins group to respond to ANPR on the Qualified Mortgage Definition
NHC in the News
- Will regulators ever find common ground on CRA reform?
- Bank cop faces grassroots resistance on remake of anti-redlining law
- Reactions to CRA plan signal long fight ahead
- National Housing Conference calls the Community Reinvestment Act proposal a ‘missed opportunity’ to modernize a vital regulation
- National Housing Conference to explore new solutions to home affordability challenges at year-end policy meeting
- NHC’s statement on the False Claims Act